Areas of Activity
- Compiling bibliographical data on prevention and intervention in crisis/catastrophe situations;
- Compiling data related to the available human and technical resources on prevention and intervention in situations of crisis/catastrophe;
- Sharing information and the obtained data on a regular basis;
- Providing information to the general population on trauma and the resources/strategies capable of mitigating the effects.
Networks and Partners
- Fostering the mobilisation of the civil society resources to cope with the consequences of crisis, disaster or catastrophe situations;
- Encouraging the structured construction of networks of institutions, associations and organizations operating in these fields;
- Fostering the interdisciplinary debate of different fields of knowledge interacting in the psychosocial response in crisis, disaster or catastrophe situations;
- Motivating institutional structures for the convergence of knowledges and training in the field;
- Encouraging the implementation of psychosocial intervention protocols on the ground which are common to different institutions/organisations;
- Raising awareness of the general public and technicians’ training needs.
- Developing scientific knowledge on the effective strategies to prevent and deal with the crisis/catastrophe’s psychosocial and emotional effects;
- Promoting the conduction of studies on resilience and community dynamics;
- Developing models of preventive actions monitoring with the institutions/associations/organisations;
- Analysing the real effects of crisis, disaster or catastrophe media coverage;
- Collaborating in European projects conducting research on trauma.
- Contributing for the understanding of emotional reactions of people exposed to crisis/catastrophe situations;
- Highlighting the importance of professional selection and emotional surveillance of the technicians responding to crisis/catastrophe situations;
- Fostering training actions on the appropriate intervention of professionals operating in crisis/catastrophe situations;
- Fostering the civil society resources rentability to address the consequences of crisis/catastrophe situations.